Friday, April 17, 2015

TODAY, I WATCHED MY DAD DANCE (John Eyemi)


I withdrew a third knuckle, and they were misty;
 If I hadn’t seen him chuckle, I would have missed it;
 My Dad jumping and leaping, and praising God,

as the beat went pumping and we’re singing in craze of his word              ;
 This happens lots of times in the house, but in public-few,
 I had to change sides within the crowd to see him in oblique view;
 He twisted and jerked, sometimes giving a complete turn,
 And in me, when I checked, a fire had started to burn,
 And when he bent low, oh the fire razed through my brain!
 Nothing could quench the emotion in me, not even the rain;
 Sweat dropping off his face, so much perspiration this day,
 A favor belonging to the race who praise the God of creation this way;              
I cannot fast forget those precious tears that wet my fingers,
 Till today, the memory of watching my Dad dance still lingers.

WRITTEN BY JOHN EYEMI

No comments :