Saturday, February 13, 2016

WHO I AM AND WHO I OUGHT TO BE



Its no news that youth especially Teenager's don't know who they in the inside, they find it difficult to believe in themselves, but come to think of it how will they believe in a Self that they don't know or that has not been discovered? They have the high tendency to like or wants to look like someone else than been them self.
Believe in yourself, build yourself to a point where others will desire to be You.

At this point, some teenagers will ask Why should I believe in Myself, when I really can't do anything or cant find anything in my life to make me proud. Why don't I believe  in others that have Super Talent? Who am I? What do I have that I should believe in? The questions goes on and on.
Yes! Believe in yourself. The first stage in believing is discovering what you intend believing in, and that is discovering Yourself. Who am I?
   Discover Yourself ( Who are you)?: This is a pretty difficult task. Most teenagers find it real difficult to find out who they are, they find it difficult to discover God given gift. I know and believe that God in his Faithfulness and tender mercies has given each soul, a talent and its our responsibility through deliberate effort, help from friends, family and well wishers and prayer to discover this Talent or gift.
It is essential and important that we discover and develop our gifts\ talents .Each person has a space to occupy on earth and also a circle of persons have been planced in our hands to affect their lives by what we do.Most likely its our talent that is been given to us by God when utilized to touch lives with what they do with those Talent/Gift.
Few steps on Discover Yourself.
Think Deeply, Look inwardly: This might take some time because it deals with Evaluation. Find your likes and dislike,this is more than just mere likes relating to Food, clothes etc but it deals with Hobbies and Skills e.g Writing, Acting ,Playing Football, Dancing, Speaking etc . This deals with Evaluation of this and Hobbies because some persons might have more than one activity which they enjoy doing, so it is necessary to examine them carefully, that is which do I enjoy more than the other, which do I do with Ease with any external assistance, which do I do without any External Training or Coaching and which do I get the highest appraisal etc. Most of this skills are inbuilt, you need to discover them carefully. It is note worthy to say that you don't rush into Conclusion without THINKING DEEPLY.
Ask Questions: Its often said that Nobody knows you more than you know yourself. Yes , this is true; but still, there are some close ones(friends and family) that knows something about you, that you may not know in the outside, things that you do easily without taking recognition of, things that you do subconsciously.
At this point, it is necessary to ask questions, to consult your friends and family.Questions like this could useful: What do I do Best? What are Strength and Weekness? Etc.
When you have gotten enough relevant information and you know who you are, What Next?
Develop your Talent: Talent when left alone, will die with time. Improve yourself,get professional training, Build on what you've got. It is good enough that you've got a Talent e.g Singing but it is much better to improve on your Talent. As for singing know your voice texture, learn how to sing in different keys etc. Mingle with Friends with like passion, skill or talent, Use the Internet wisely to get tips that should be useful in your skill. With hardwork and God,you can take your Talent/Skill to the next level(Work).
Believe in yourself: Yes, it is your responsibility to Believe and be your Greatest Cheerleader and Fan. You've got to believe before you can achieve. Believe that you can do it, that can make it ,believe in your new found self, love yourself, love what you do. Shun Negative thought or comment(don't avoid critics) ,negative peer pressure. Say Positive words "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me( Phillipians 4: 13) "I can make it" . Remember that whatsoever a man thinkest in his mind so he is. By faith ,Prayer and Hardwork.... You Will Excell.
#Inspire
#Movtivate
#IinspireYou
#RuthInspire

Written by OKOLI RUTH

Follow me on Saturdays right here to see more of my writings, or click my name in the label below to see my other works. Please do not forget  to place your comments.